All Ages Classes
Paint Like the Pros--Expression through Color & Brushstrokes
Thursdays 10-11:30 12 weeks - September 20th through December 13th (9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, NC 11/29, 12/6, 12/13)
Recommended for students 3rd-8th grade
Students will enjoy learning painting techniques through color, tools, brushstrokes and historic artistic influences. The line up of fun projects will enhance the true artist in every child.
- Over the Rainbow: palette building.
- Non-Traditional Tools: underwater scene.
- Reflections: mirror image paint transference.
- Monochromatic Abstract: design using tints/shades of color
- Thumbprint pineapples: a composition of pattern and color contrast
- Kandinsky for Kids: Color theory inspired by Expressionism.
- Sunday Afternoon: Seurat inspired Pointillism.
- Furry Creatures: Mixed medium animal composition with Collage Features
- Field of Flowers: Texture and various sized circles bring depth to landscape
- Seeing Music and Painting feelings: Expressive Composition based on sound
- Still Life: observational painting
- Collaborative Mural: individual works combined for larger work.
$450 (37.50 per 1.5 hour class)
The Chuck Jones Center for Creativity is a gymnasium for the creative brain. We guide our students through project based, hands-on experiences that nurture the creative genius that exists in all of us. We connect both left and right sides of the brain in exercising creativity to solve problems, foster innovation, and nurture self expression.
Questions? Contact Program Manager, Cyndi Burgess (949)660-7793